It is summer, the temperatures are high and there is no way to keep your makeup in perfect condition. Your skin reacts to the makeup and the hot weather, so realistically it would be better to have makeup that adapts to the weather conditions. You always want to look great and fresh so here are a few tips that will help you avoid that summer makeup melt down.
- This first hint may sound obvious, but it is really important where you apply your makeup. Always apply your makeup where there is a lot of light because when out in the sun it will show noticeable irregularities and patches on the skin. It is always advisable to apply makeup in daylight.
- Always nourish and hydrate your skin. Avoid products that are oil based and use those with a SPF.
- Avoid liquid powders. Use BB or CC cream.
- Bronzer and highlighter are essential. The Bronzer will give you a "tanned" sun kissed look. Highlight around the cheekbone, this will enhance that natural and fresh look without the addition of blush.
- Use lip balm, lip care and lipsticks. This will eliminate the cracks in the lip and avoid lipstick bleeding.
- Avoid overusing the eyeliner. Only use it where you are supposed to. Curl the lashes, then apply a thin coat of mascara this will give the illusion of a softer and delicate eye. The best mascara will be brown or black and waterproof. You can also apply brown eyeliner eye shadow. However, if you wish to avoid this application you can just put on a pair of sunglasses!
About Maja Lovic
Maja Lovic is an internationally recognised and certified makeup artist with years of experience in makeup industry.
She is currently completing her degree in biotechnology and she very keen to combine that knowledge with makeup products in order to create methods for busy business woman and others who have desire to look beautiful, representative and look always fresh.
Maja is also a gym addict and she is one of many who believe that healthy lifestyle with makeup is a winning combination for every woman.