Joe Hill is one of those jugglers. He is a business development manager for a school uniform company, a personal trainer and hockey coach with Joe Hill fitness and high-end hockey equipment sales manager with Ritual Hockey.
On top of that he is a husband and father of two.
Here are his five tips for ‘juggling’ effectively.
- Write a business plan – whether it is one page or a hundred you need to know what revenue you are targeting from each business and how you plan to achieve that. Using it to allocate your time, effort and resources is the most important thing.
- Systemise and outsource – where you can create systems and process that you can follow without having to reinvent any wheels or even think outside too many boxes! If it is something that can be carried out by someone else, for example a virtual assistant then evaluate it.
- Be creative with money – finding money to build your business is always hard – and even harder if there are multiple businesses! Find ways to promote the business cost effectively, use partnership type arrangements and build productive networks – social media is great for this but requires consistent, focused activity.
- Use other people – whether it is in regard to how you ‘juggle’ effectively or aspects of running any of the businesses get mentors and people you trust to help you with your journey.
- Don’t forget the $$$ - Health and Wellness is an opportunity to follow your passion but make sure you know where your revenue is coming from. Make sure you pay enough respect and attention to any role that may not be your ultimate life goal but provides a stable income. If you do decide to move on from a role do it with decency – and that business plan!
Comments and suggestions are welcome as it is always hard to get it right!